Thursday, March 16, 2023

Uncle John's Armchair Caddies

 In January I took some time to update my 'maker's journal' with craft projects and cross-referencing with photos and blog posts - and I have a few projects from the past year or two that haven't been shared, so will get them here on record! 

My Uncle John is living in a rest-home in Gore and when another cousin was visiting he mentioned that he kept losing his TV remote, so she contacted me early in December to ask if I might make a couple of armchair caddies for him.

Earlier that same day I had moved two leftover blocks from a quilt I had made for Uncle John, and wondered what I might use them for...perfect solution!


I checked out some ideas and patterns online then came up with these caddies, keeping the pocket large and simple so it is easy for Uncle John to reach into them and grab what he needs.

They first measured approx 10" wide by 20" long, but I then added another 5" to give more fabric to tuck into the chair and hold them in.


1 comment: