Monday, July 10, 2023

Little Blue Christmas

 


This is my art quilt entry for the 2023 Bernina NZ Colour Challenge, currently touring Bernina stores around NZ. Quilts had to be 12" square.

The challenge was 'Favourite Colour' and mine has always been blue.  I looked in my stash and found a small set of fat quarters with this blue and white Christmas theme.


I took elements of the different fat quarters to create a collage scene of houses and trees; then I machine appliqued and hand-stitched over top, with some metallic threads and beads for added sparkle.








The photos are not the best as I took them indoors at night; I only finished this a couple of days before entries were due to be handed in, so had no time to take nice photos outside in the daylight.



Sharing with quilting friends and fan(atics) on Kelly's Needle and Thread Thursday linky, with Michelle's (Bolt to Beauty) Beauties Pageant and with Wendy's Peacock Party - hello everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment