Monday, July 10, 2023

Pretty Medallion

 

A small lap quilt that I worked on in the April school holidays (while confined to the sewing room with a mild dose of Covid!) 

The pattern is the Medallion quilt from Cheryl Brickey's 'Just One Charm Pack' pattern book, and measures 39.5" square.


I used a charm pack of Papillon fabrics (by 3 Sisters for Moda)  and a tone-on-tone white/cream print, all from my stash.


I was able to practise free-motion quilting of some different motifs with my Bernina Q20 longarm (so happy!) and when it was all finished I tucked the quilt away until the end of May when it was given as a thank you gift to our wonderful neighbour (and dog-sitter) Janet Pollard when we moved house.

I gave feathers a try in the outer border...

...and did some other motifs in the white areas.




1 comment:

  1. Very sweet little quilt. Awesome job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete