Saturday, October 6, 2018

Spring Fling wallhanging


This was my entry for the 2018 Aotearoa Quilters 'Pink' Challenge - a 30cm x 30cm wall-hanging inspired by the blossom trees of Spring.



I made the blossoms by stitching together small pieces of pink/white cotton, tulle and satin, then attached them to the pieced background.





I wanted some bits of blue sky to peek through the blossoms.


I didn't win an award (from what I've seen there were dozens of amazing entries - and it was won by the talented Sonya Prychal, whose thread painting workshop I attended last week); the entire collection is now touring around the country.

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely Jenny, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joyce. Having seen the other entries now, I am wishing I had 'edited' my blossoms to not have quite so many on there (as was my first instinct but I thought there'd be too much blue showing and that it wouldn't meet the 'pink' brief) as a lot of the challenge entries were not entirely pink. Live and learn! I'll be ready to try the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete